Association for Patient Experience 2013 Practice of the Year Award
The award is designed to honor outstanding innovations or improvements that enhance or explore patient experience, increase awareness of the need for patient-centered care delivery and spread successful practices and programs to the provider community.
• Only one winner will be awarded, but you may submit more than one project for consideration
• Any individual or institution who supports the advancement of the patient experience may apply
• Entries must be self-nominations
• Entries must be for work produced between January 2011 and the day of submission
• Though pilot projects are welcomed, programs with measureable outcomes demonstrated to improve the patient experience will be given highest priority
A panel of patient experience experts, which may include physicians, nurses, and administrators, will blindly review submissions. Entries must include the following:
2. Project Description
5. Implications for Patient Experience
Applicants will be judged on originality and impact of the project in the setting for which it was developed, significance of the program to patient experience and overall clarity of the entry.
• The winner will receive a plaque to be presented at the 2013 Patient Experience Summit in Cleveland, OH
• Coverage in Association for Patient Experience newsletter, Office of Patient Experience newsletter and other publications
• Submission will be featured on both the Association for Patient Experience website and the Cleveland Clinic Office of Patient Experience website
Contact Jennifer Edse. program manager of the Association for Patient Experience at 216.316.5787 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In support of the Association’s value to strive to develop and share creative, sound solutions to common patient experience issues, submissions will not be returned or kept confidential and may be published on the Association’s website, newsletter or other similar publication.